Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Night Featuring the "Brock Star"

Last night was Halloween Night. It was filled with me running around and finding all the last minute additions to all our costumes. We definitely are going to have to do a better job next year at figuring out what we are going to be earlier so we can be better prepared. I have to tell you...deciding on what we were going to be as a family was a stressful endeavor. I never would have thought a Halloween costume could cause so much anxiety. But I guess that is what you get when you want to have the best one ever. The only thing is it only puts that much more pressure on next years costume design.

Last night was an absolute blast though. At about 4:00pm that afternoon I started working on Brock's jacket. See we were late! We had taken one of his old blue jean jackets and cut the sleeves out of it, put so iron on designs on the front and back, and then I took a tool with a sand paper tip and sanded the jacket down. It look legit!

Christin went as an over-zealous fan...or groupie. She cut up a shirt, made it look 80's, and put "I "heart" Brock" on the front. Her make-up sold the outfit I think. I tell you she would have been a hottie as an 80's groupie - and that can't be said about many in the 80's.

Here is part of the Brock Rock Star Make-Over. I spiked his hair with gel and hair spray and then colored it blue. He did not like this at all. He screamed and yelled and baby cussed me! It was pretty funny. If I can figure out how to put the video on here I will.




As you can see from the picture below I was Brock's personal body guard. When he saw me he didn't know what to think.

And here we all are together...the Brock Star family.
Brock's first night of real trick or treating was filled with lots of treats as we went to the McManus house with all our other friends for some food. We then headed over to a church and "trunk or treated". It is a Christian alternative to the other. It was a lot of fun. Props to the church that put it together.

Next year is going to be a lot more fun as Brock will be better at the games and the idea of walking around and collecting candy. Keep me posted with ideas for next year's costume.


No comments: