Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving at the Jones's

A couple nights ago Christin had this great idea for family night this week. We would cook chili dogs, go get dessert, and then come home and carve a pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern. I wasn't sure how Brock was going to handle carving a pumpkin because you get a little messy and Brock can't stand it when there is something that gets on him and sticks to him. He will run over to me or mommy and say "uuuhhh ohhhh" until someone gets the junk off him. Then he is ok!

So I cut the pumpkin and Brock wasn't sure what to think about the mess that is stuck to the top of the pumpkin. I started cleaning the insides out and it didn't take Brock long before his hands were in that pumpkin cleaning as well. After a while it turned into a war as I would take the guts out and throw it on Brock and he would laugh and roll back on the table.

It was now time to draw the face on the pumpkin and cut out the face. I sat Brock in my lap and actually had Brock put his hand on the knife under mine and he helped me cut out the face of the jack-o-lantern. He thought that was a pretty cool thing, but I am not sure mom thought that was a good idea. I heard a few gasps from her. Then it was time to put the candle in and take it outside.

Brock thought this part was pretty cool. After a while of seeing the glowing face Brock began to get scared for some reason of the jack-o-lantern that he was once having fun with. The cool air started getting the best of us all and it was time to go inside and clean up. Brock gave his first jack-o-lantern a kiss and said good-night. I can't wait to see if he remembers all this when he see it in the morning.







No comments: