Monday, October 13, 2008

What a Ham?

I know what you are thinking...what a ham! There is one thing that I can say about my son - he has a since of humor and likes to let others know that about him.

Not too long ago we decided to surprise mom for lunch. So we stopped by our Friday fast food joint - Chik-Fil-A and got our usual - 4 count kids meal and apple juice with the fruit cup. We have decided not to do the waffle fries yet despite their awesomeness. Then it was off to mom's school.

So we are sitting at one of the tables eating our food when my mom, who is there but not in the picture, decided to put the bag on his head as a hat. He thought it was the funniest thing ever. Of course it didn't help that Christin and I were cracking up...that only feeds into the "hamming it up" mentality that he already has. So what happened next? Christin and I decided to put bags on our heads as well. This is what you call reinforcing the behavior! So really what I am getting at here is that the reason our son is so goofy and a huge ham is because we feed into it. Maybe not a good thing for later years, but right now it makes for great blackmail pictures for later.